Sunday 3 April 2011

Hot Cross Buns, Hot Cross Buns,

One half penny
Two half pennies
Hot cross buns.
If you have no daughters
give them to your sons
One half penny
Two half pennies
Hot cross buns

This is the one and only song I ever learnt to play on the recorder and I think it is the same tune as Three Blind Mice so technically I know 2 songs.  Is the recorder even a real instrument?? I've never heard of a person who 'plays' the recorder.  I'm sure it is just an instrument of torture created by school teachers to punish parents.

I can never think about HXB and not remember this song and that damn recorder.

I have drawn the winners of the $5 Bakers Delight Vouchers - there were 20 lovely commenters over the week so all their names went in a hat (we do it the old fashioned way around here no random number generators).  Noah drew them out amidst cries of "What we do now mummy?'

The winners are - Chantelle from Fat Mum Slim
                            Kellie from Three Li'l Princesses
                            Tara from Our Whirlwind Adventures
                            Sandra and Willo

I'll be in touch to get mailing addresses and get your vouchers to you asap.

Thanks everyone and keep an eye out tomorrow for a decadent recipe to use up left over HXB's ( not that there would ever be any left over surely!!)

1 comment:

  1. It is a real instrument, there is even a base recorder which is bigger. Just as torturous to listen to in the hands of a child though :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. It is nice to know someone is listening.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails