Saturday 12 February 2011

Yummy Treats


I want to share with you the easiest yummiest most foolproof scone recipe ever.  I love that this recipe was used by my Nanna.  I have such fond recipes of all of Nan's amazing cooking - the lightest fluffiest sponge cakes, homemade jams and sauces - she was the epitome of the country housewife - she could cook or bake anything. My mum is also an amazing cook and she is pretty famous for these scones.

I find that people have a fear of cooking scones - they are under the mistaken belief that to make a good scone is very difficult. Anyway I whipped these up in 5 minutes this morning and they cook in 10-12 minutes - perfect for unexpected guests.

4 Cups Self Raising Flour
1 small can lemonade (250-300ml)
1 small carton cream (300ml)

Mix 3 of the cups of flour with the cream and lemonade - stir gently until the mixture comes together.  It will be too sticky so keep adding the last cup of flour until it looks ready to be handled.  You will have anywhere from a third to a half of that last cup of flour left - use it to dust your bench top.  Knead the dough very lightly and then pat it out to about 2cm thick and cut your scones.  You can use a round cookie cutter (or another shape) or just use the top edge of a round drinking glass.

Cook on a baking tray at 200 degrees Celsius for 10-12 minutes until golden but not too dark.

Serve with huge amounts of cream and strawberry jam (preferably home-made by my mum - delish)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. It is nice to know someone is listening.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails