Sunday 10 August 2008

I have Milk!!

I haven't fully admitted this to many people - but - I have been very worried about my ability to feed Noah effectively. Between his seeming inability to gain weight and my poor attempts at expressing I have wondered if my milk supply is sufficient and if I am going to be able to breastfeed successfully. I know it's not the end of the world if I can't breastfeed but I really wanted to be able to do it.

Anyway finally today I think it may have fallen into place - I have just hand expressed (yes I milked myself like a Jersey cow!!) and got 40ml in only 6 or 7 minutes. That tells me my supply is pretty good and as long as Noah and I work hard to improve his sucking we might just get this breastfeeding thing right after all.

I'm very excited.

2 comments:

  1. You are such a gorgeous jersey cow
    I LOVE YOU.

    Your Mum xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hullo Noah,
    I miss you. You had a busy day yesterday and I did'nt get to see you.

    Love Nanna xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Hi thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. It is nice to know someone is listening.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails