Monday 21 May 2007

What are they looking at??

Now that I'm looking much more obviously pregnant I've noticed this weird phenomenon where people stare at me. I find it particularly unusual during the current baby boom when every second woman seems to be pregnant. Some people give a knowing smile but mostly they just stare - it's really weird.

We had a really nice weekend doing lots of birthday shopping for the last few birthdays of 'May Madness' (4 parent's birthdays, 1 sister, 2 extended family plus Mother's Day!!!) and helping John De Roach move house. It's so fantastic to finally have weekends to ourselves after Rob's PhD and wedding planning dominating our time for so long. We're trying to really enjoy it before the next big adventure starts.

This weekend is the first time I've really started to have trouble sleeping because of my size. Apparently I'm not supposed to sleep on my back (which is my usual position) so I've got this giant sausage pillow to assist sleeping on my side. It's getting to be a very crowded bed with me, Rob, the sausage pillow, Cleo and DJ! I'm not sure why it's so uncomfortable but I'm sure every other woman that's been pregnant will sympathise. Hopefully with time I'll get used to sleeping on my side otherwise it's going to be a long 4 months.

Tomorrow is our anatomy scan so we'll get some new ultrasound pictures up for you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. It is nice to know someone is listening.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails