Tuesday 23 August 2011

A dino-riffic birthday

Before the onslaught of holiday related posts I wanted to share all the fun of Noah's party.  I had originally planned a Pirates and Princesses party but decided some of the activities I wanted to do might be better for an older crowd - so I decided to opt for the 'simpler' idea of a dinosaur party.   The first thing to note is no party is simple when I get involved - I can't help myself everything has to fit the theme.  I kept it as simple as I know how because after all we were flying away on a big overseas holiday a mere 36 hours later!! This was such a fun party though and I'm really happy with how it went.


The Birthday Boy - I forgot to put this little gem on the table in all the rush but it looked nice on the cupboard upstairs with all the birthday cards.


The Dino Dig site


These party hats were so cute (made from a printable file I bought on Etsy)
The treat bags were very simple but how cute are the badges.  Made using a printable cupcake topper and then asking very nicely at my local Marine Discovery Centre if they would let me use their badge maker. 



The Cake (I find there is never time amongst all the other party stuff to make a 'shape' cake - but Noah loved this one and was especially thrilled with the mini bunting.


I had so much fun coming up with theme foods and silly little puns.  Rob had no end of fun laughing at me when I put bottles of Jurassic Juice (green cordial) and Glacial water on the table.

There was a Sweetivore sign too but I must not have taken a picture of it. (Printables are from Celebration Shoppe)


Foam Dino masks from Oriental Trading were loads of fun for kids and adults!!


The Dino Dig was the only organised activity (besides Pass the Parcel) and it was more of a hit than I could have imagined.  Noah and I made our own rocks with little plastic dinosaurs inside - the kids had to find them and then use tools to get them open and make a historic discovery.  We also put some wrapped chocolates and some loose dinosaurs in for the smaller kids.  I'll share the recipe and some pictures of the creation process for the rocks tomorrow.


As always the hard work was worth it and it was a really fun day.   Thank you to everyone who came and for all the lovely presents you bought for Noah.

6 comments:

  1. Woman, you are freaking AMAZING! That dino dig is genius :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing party! I always love knowing of others who have the same obsession with keeping the theme throughout the whole party! I LOVE all if this party! What have you made the volcanoes out of?

    Also... How did you get stuff from Oriental Trading? I thought they did not ship internationally....I see their stuff on blogs often and would to know how to get it here in Oz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emma

    Thanks for dropping by to have a look at Noah's Dino Party. I definitely feel we're kindred party spirits!! I get from you blog that your Mum was into it when you were little and your sisters are too so what a fun party family. It's tough for me only having 1 child (so far) to plan for so I've been branching out into Christmas and Easter parties too to fulfill my quota. I think this summer we might do an outdoor movie party too. I often tell my husband about your party/poker shed and how great it would be not to have to set everything up the day of the party - I don't think he's taking the hint!

    Oriental Trading do ship to Aus but the postage is almost dollar for dollar spent so you have to be very selective or the party budget can get WAY out of control. The stuff is pretty cheap to start with though so it's not too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgot to say you need to call Oriental Trading to place your order - you can't do it online. They are really quick and helpful on the phone - just have your list with the code numbers ready and away you go. The parcel arrives very quickly too which is helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the party wanting to do a dino dig for my boy too been looking on etsy and havent found the right printable package yet! who did you get yours from ?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are from Wants and Wishes wantsandwishesdesign.com

      Delete

Hi thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. It is nice to know someone is listening.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails