Wednesday, 28 October 2009

I'm such a slack blogger lately but don't be fooled into thinking nothing is going on - quite the opposite.

One of the main downfalls of my blogging is Facebook!! I finally gave in to the pressure and joined and I find the quick fix of a facebook status update hard to resist. For my always faithful blog readers I know how it sucks to keep checking in and seeing the same old post. I read quite a few blogs but luckily they are all very dedicated daily bloggers.

Since Noah's haircut a couple of weeks ago there was a bit of flack about not showing an 'after' photo so I'll share heaps of pics today.

Rob's grandparents were here from Melbourne and as always we thoroughly enjoyed their company and their never ending desire to babysit!! We had a lovely day out at the zoo and Noah enjoyed his first boat trip across the swan on the Ferry.

On the weekend just gone we had another awesome camping trip to Dwellingup with Jac, Ben and Finn and Gem, Mike and Leuca. It's a funny thing about camping there is so much work preparing to go and setting up and taking down tents and then the washing - oh my - I'm still working my way through the red dirt soaked piles - but it's totally worth it. We were only away 2 nights but that Saturday sitting around playing with the kids, taking walks and having naps in the hammock is so wonderfully relaxing it feels like a week.

Noah and Finn playing nicely

Mike, Leuca and Finn

Yes there was swimming and yes it was bloody freezing.

Noah with his new Tonka truck

On Monday Noah had his kidney scan at PMH - follow up from his previous UTI's and hospital admittance. We had to attend at 9am for a radioactive tracer to be injected then we left for 3 hours until it was time for the scan. It was so heartbreaking Noah absolutely hated being strapped down and the scanner was right down pressed against him for about 30 minutes. We'll return to get the results in a few weeks.

Biggest news this week is Noah started walking on Monday afternoon - all that time strapped to a table convinced him to finally get moving. I was at home with him hanging out and all of a sudden he just walked across the room. It's so adorable and he's already improved out of sight. At first he took big staggering steps with his arms held high in the air for balance but now he's walking around things and changing direction. Still lots of crawling happening but give it a week and that'll be gone - he's already trying to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. It is nice to know someone is listening.


Related Posts with Thumbnails