Monday 10 December 2007

The Secret...

I have to make a potentially embarrassing confession. I borrowed "The Secret" DVD from the library and I'm a total convert. Of course my husband the scientist thinks I'm a total weirdo and spent a lot of time telling me how there's no way you can change your life merely through the power of positive thinking. But I'm a believer. I've always believed that your thoughts affect your life and tried to surround myself with like minded people but watching "The Secret" was really motivational to me. Rob and I had a heated discussion about it and have agreed to disagree. Of course the DVD did have some crazy notions about wishing for big bucks and sports cars and then by magic it will happen and I don't buy into that notion at all. It makes total sense to me though that if you go around always focusing on what's wrong in your life and what you don't have that all your energy is taken up with that and there is no room for good things to come into your life. The 'Law of Attraction' and 'like attracts like' have always been concepts that people have talked about. People always say 'the rich get richer' and the poor get poorer' - maybe that's the Law of Attraction at work.

Basically 'The Secret' is a bit like a modern religion but instead of God having all the power it's a belief in the universal flow of energy. Even if you think it sounds crazy it's totally worth watching. I mean what's the worst thing that can happen - you might keep it in mind one day when you're going through something tough and it might help you focus on things you have to be grateful for instead of dwelling on life's difficulties all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. It is nice to know someone is listening.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails