Monday 17 December 2007

Am I pregnant?

Yesterday morning I woke up and I had some spotting which I immediately thought was my period. I woke Rob up to tell him what I thought was definitely bad news. Rob decided we should get some tests from the pharmacy and try that. So off he went and bought a couple of different brands of which we did 2 tests. I was a nervous wreck and my heart was pounding so hard I thought it would burst through my chest. They were both positive. We thought that meant we were pregnant and everything was fine and of course my stress levels which had been off the chart were abated. I called the fertility clinic this morning just to tell them what had happened and make sure there wasn't anything else I should be doing. They have now told me that one of the injections I have been giving myself is the hormone that pregnancy tests react to - meaning the positive result is by no means a certainty!! Stress levels back through the roof. They have now said I can come in tomorrow to have my official pregnancy test even though it is not scheduled til Thursday. Tonight is probably going to be a very sleepless night. Tomorrow we should know for sure one way or the other and then we'll let you all know.

2 comments:

  1. I know you won't believe it until they tell you one way or the other tomorrow, but spotting is absolutely normal early in pregnancy so that could be a great sign! I spotted heaps after my treatment and thought I was about to get my period each time, but nine months later Xander came along! Keep your spirits up - tomorrow you will know all. Good luck guys. I'll say another prayer for you tonight. Love, Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kirst and Robby,

    I hope and pray that that you recieve the news you so deserve today! that would make this the best christmas ever! I love you both lots.

    Love Holly
    xoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Hi thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. It is nice to know someone is listening.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails