Thursday 7 October 2010

Gotta know when to fold 'em......

I am visiting an old friend today.  Not an old friend in the sense of we've been friends for years.  An old friend in the sense that we used to be friends but we drifted apart and this will be the first time we've caught up in about a year.  I don't expect we'll ever be close friends again. When we met we were both pregnant and we spent a lot of time together.  Then my baby died and things were never really the same.  We went in different directions - she had a new baby, I was back on the IVF trail.  Instead of sharing experiences our lives couldn't have been more different.

There is no animosity (not on my part at least) - we never had a falling out.  Today I'm feeling a bit stressed - I've had a crazy over scheduled week and I'm wondering why I'm squeezing in this catch-up when we will probably only catch up once a year if at all in the future.

Do you think some friendships are destined for short intense bursts while others are lifelong??  Is it best to just enjoy them them while they last,  let them end and move on?

Happy Thursday to you - I hope your week is more relaxing than mine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. It is nice to know someone is listening.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails