Tuesday 5 April 2011

Etiquette - FAIL

There is a golden rule everyone should know - unless you see a baby coming out of a woman's vagina DO NOT ask if she is pregnant.  I know this better than anyone - I have a tummy that could easily be taken for 5 months  pregnant. (OK so I'm being a bit kind on myself but hey it's my blog and my fat!!).

On the weekend I was at a child's birthday party and there was a guest there that looked pregnant.  I mean to me she looked absolutely undeniably, indisputably pregnant.  It didn't even for a second occur to me that she wasn't.  She didn't just have a wobbly belly like mine it was hard and round and perfectly placed and she was wearing one of those strapless maxi dresses - I mean c'mon.  Still I should have remembered 'the rule'.

The whole situation was made worse by the fact that I overheard the following conversation.

Random Person 'How long now?'
Fat not pregnant person '5 weeks'

Seemed pretty self explanatory to me so later when we were having a friendly chat I blurt out ' Do you know if you're having a boy or a girl' ?  She very politely told me she was not pregnant and then I died.  I have never been so mortally embarrassed in my life.  It's not like it was in the supermarket and I could just runaway,  I was sitting right next to her. I think I turned bright red then  apologised profusely - it's all a bit of a blur. I was desperately praying for a crater in the earth to open up and swallow me.

Turns out something else in happening to her in 5 weeks - I never did find out what!!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. It is nice to know someone is listening.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails