Monday 6 September 2010

Father's Day


It was Father's Day yesterday in Australia.  I've been reading mixed reports around the blogosphere - some love it and celebrate to excess, some thinks it's a silly Hallmark celebration. Me - I think it's really nice to acknowledge the wonderful job dads do. 

I certainly do hope that my husband (and my own dad too) knows every day how much I appreciate the sacrifices he makes and all the hard work he puts in for our family - but it's nice to set a day aside to show him some extra appreciation. 

Personally I would hate to go to work every day and leave Noah for 8,9 or 10 hours and I know it breaks his heart but he does it for me and he does it for Noah (he does it a little bit for himself too because he loves his job and readily admits that he could not spend 365 days a year looking after our challenging little boy).

Anyhow even though it's become a bit too commercial for my liking we still like to to celebrate.  We spent a lovely day with our own dads plus had some family time to ourselves.  Small gifts and handmade crafts were gifted with love and today I hope he went to work with an extra spring in his step feeling extra special.

How was your day celebrated?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. It is nice to know someone is listening.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails