Monday 16 June 2008

What's New??

As of today I could have as little as 6 weeks and 2 days until I'm induced. It's more likely to be a few days longer than that but what's the harm in dreaming.

Rob, Poppy and I are all doing well and getting very excited about the big day. Well I can't say for sure that Poppy is excited but Rob and I can't wait - it's so close now it finally feels real.

I'm still having very regular scans and checks and the doctors are still predicting that bubs will tip the scales at a good 9 pounds or more ( the earlier I'm induced the better!!).

I've started going to the labour ward twice weekly for CTG monitoring (CTG is the continuous or intermittent measurement of the baby’s heartbeat - Cardiocotography). They strap me up with 2 monitors across my tummy and measure Poppy's heart rate pattern for between 20-30 minutes. Today was my first visit and it all looked great. The theory behind doing this is mostly, I think, to keep my stress levels down and of course keep an eye on the bubs as we head for the finish line. Here's a link to some more info about the tracking if anyone is interested http://www.sanclinic.com.au/SUW/CTG.html

While I was there I heard a woman presumably in labour screaming blue murder. When the midwife came back to unstrap me she said that the sound I heard was the woman arriving at the hospital and getting out of the lift and that she literally delivered the baby within 10 minutes - Fantastic.

Rob and I had a lovely weekend and had Reuben and Declan for a sleepover Saturday night. It was so much fun and the boys had a great time playing silly games with Rob. This coming weekend I have my baby shower on Sunday so I'm looking forward to catching up with all the girls and having a nice afternoon tea. Then our next few weekends are going to be filled with ante-natal classes - busy busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. It is nice to know someone is listening.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails