Tuesday 18 January 2011

New Years Resolutions

I am so horribly bad at keeping New Years resolutions that I couldn't even keep my resolution to write a blog post about New Year resolutions.  (Ha try saying that 5 times fast)

What I do love though is the bright shiny prospects the start of a new year brings.  It's like a clean slate, a fresh start.  It helps that for us southern hemisphere dwellers it is in summer which I think is a time when people feel more positive and more alive anyway.

Last year I blogged about my plans for 2010 with the beat of intentions and I did make some great inroads towards a more balanced life.  I achieved a lot of things around my home that I wanted to but there is still plenty to do this year.  I definitely feel proud of the job I am doing of mothering Noah and I will aim to find even more new ways to keep his life fun and fulfilled.  Rob and I have worked hard together to keep our relationship on track through IVF and finances and parenting and working.

The only thing that I failed miserably at was ME.  I did not take time for myself, I didn't look after myself and I did not lose weight.  So even though it is such a cliche - that is where I will be focusing the majority of my attention this year.

I have joined Weight Watchers and so far so good.  I have found an amazing counsellor through a blog friend to help get my head in the right place for my weight loss journey.  (Apparently my subconscious might be sabotaging my excellent intentions!!!) I'm exercising - a little bit - more.  I'm taking time out to relax.

It's only the beginning of a VERY long road and I'm expecting hard times but right now I'm feeling great.

Happy New Year to Me

1 comment:

  1. Good for you - look after you.

    I plan to make more time for exercise, because I've become very slack with that. I guess it's about making the time, huh?

    Good luck, hon! x

    ReplyDelete

Hi thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. It is nice to know someone is listening.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails