Monday 2 February 2009

Highs and Lows

I've seen a few different friends over the last few days and have been asked several times why I haven't been blogging. Trust me I've had stuff to say but just haven't found the time or the right words. I read somewhere that one of the biggest mistakes bloggers make is to apologise for being offline - it said you should decide on a schedule and stick to it. So this is me telling you all that I have no schedule and probably never will - I may blog daily or I may blog monthly - you'll simply have to come along with me wherever this journey takes me for better or worse.

These are the things that have been on my mind recently -
Weight loss or lack thereof.
Wanting to move house.
Job hunting
Finances or lack thereof.
Mothering Difficulties
LIFE

While I've been gone Noah turned 6 months old (January 23rd)
Got his first tooth (January 26th)
Got his 2nd tooth (January 29th)

Today has been a bit of an emotional day. I'm going through stuff that I'm sure many of you have gone through. Feeling overwhelmed with trying to keep a clean house, putting a meal on the table every night, caring for a grumpy teething baby, managing family finances - sick of the humidity. I started the day with lots of tears but I think I've realised that I need to learn to let some things go. I'm trying to do it all but instead I'm doing a half-assed job of everything. I am going to try and refocus on the most important things and doing them well and let some other things go by the wayside. I encourage all of you to do the same. I mean does it really matter if we're not perfect housewives?? From now on if I have to sit on the floor with Noah all day to keep him happy and nothing else gets done I'm going to try and let that happen.

On the upside Jack and Julia are finally back from their trip around the world with 5 kids (theandrys.blogspot.com) so today I got to see my gorgeous boys Declan and Reuben. I can't believe how much I missed them - so good to be able to give them giant cuddles today. Reuben has grown so much and Declan starts Kindy tomorrow - unbelievable.

So the day ended on a high note and now Noah is safe and sound in his cot, Rob is off to play squash and I am going to have a really long shower and relax. Tomorrow is the start of the new me - wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. It is nice to know someone is listening.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails