Wednesday 27 June 2007

Braxton Hicks

I just realised today that some of what I thought were baby movements over the last couple of weeks were actually Braxton Hicks contractions. I had been thinking the baby moved around more than I had expected so it makes sense now. I was laying on the couch when all of a sudden the penny dropped and I realised that some of the 'kicks' I was getting were quite noticeably different than the others. So I did some research on a pregnancy website and sure enough the description matched what I was feeling. Apparently they commonly start from around 20 weeks, luckily mine are very much painless although they do feel strange. Some unlucky women get quite painful ones which last through to the end of their pregnancy - aaagh!!

Rob and I are in a really cruisey phase of life right now - the nursery is done and the next stage of house renovations isn't starting for about a month - so we're able to really relax and enjoy ourselves. It's such a weird feeling after literally the last 2 or 3 years never having time free to go with the flow. We're astounded every time we realise we have a whole weekend to ourselves to do anything we choose. Obviously we know it won't last long so we're relishing it.

In a few weeks we have Rob's annual company retreat where his company takes all the staff and their families away for a weekend down south - this year we're staying at the luxury Bunker Bay Resort. Can't wait - what's better than an all expenses paid weekend?! It'll probably be our last holiday for a long while without a baby so we're definitely going to make the most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. It is nice to know someone is listening.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails